Thursday, July 5, 2012

Freedom

In the spirit of Independence Day, the day in which we celebrate the freedom and independent spirit of our country, I've been thinking of my own independence and freedom. Being a mother definitely takes away one's freedom and independence. But when I'm not dancing around and making weird noices like a crazy person in order to make Seeley smile or telling Wes not to move or talk or look at anything because the baby's sleeping, I've discovered a new, deeper freedom and independence. First, I've given birth and am raising an infant which makes me feel capable of anything. If I can find it in myself to do that than my abilities are limitless! Second, I want to give Seeley the best and be the best for her, and having such intense motivation has freed me to challenge myself in new, creative ways. Lastly, I know what's important in life, and that's love (I know, sooooo cheesy). Feeling so much love and happiness in my little family brings me the most amazing freedom imaginable.

One free mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment