Sunday, October 14, 2012

Seeley Turns One! (Part One)

Well, it happened! Seeley is officially one. We had an amazing week and, suprisingly, I made it through the whole thing without any tears. Until now. They're not "she's so big/ not a newborn" tears though. I'm crying because I can't believe Wes and I are actually doing it. Raising a child. That that moment when she was born and we were so exhausted and thought, "what now?" "how are we going to do this?" and "how will I ever not be totally consumed by her?" has turned into us being parents, a unit, to a girl that is so funny,smart, friendly and kind. Honestly, not to sound so selfish about someone else's birthday, but I'm proud of us. It is soooo not easy. But sooooo worth it.

Anyways, enough sappiness. On to the fun! My mom got to town before Wes' family and the three of us girls had such an amazing time. I've always been very close to my mother and thought she was the best, but seeing her as a grandmother blows me away. I never knew such love could exist! Needless to say, there was much spoiling going on. It was the perfect mix of getting out and about around Portland and staying low key at home. One of the many gifts Seeley got were some fantastic wooden blocks, shapes, and a wooden puzzle. Wes and I have a hang up about battery operated toys (we want things for Seeley that utilize her creativity) and I swear I could see the wheels turning in her brain:)

Stay tuned for more pics from Seeley's birthday extravaganza!

 

Grandma Susan and Seeley hanging back watching Curious George.
Two peas in a pod, those two.


Big girl with her big girl toys.

Bring it on shapes and letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment