Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Room of Her Own

One of the main reasons we moved was to get a little more space, especially for Seeley. She is running, climbing and playing more than ever before! We also wanted to give Seeley her own room. I didn't have my own room until high school and I don't think it's absolutely neccesary for kids to have their own rooms, but with Seeley being an only child it worked out that she has no one to share with ;) She has quite a bit of stuff and we are definitely happy that now there is a place for everything and everything is in it's place. We both are big on not indulging her too much (well, wait till you see the pictures, maybe I'm in denial) as far as toys because we want her to able to use her imagination, be creative and entertain herself. I feel so lucky, grateful and excited that we were able to put together a room that allows her to do just that. She can have tea parties, draw, read, rest, and play in her ridiculously large and adorable room. I'm actually quite jealous :)
A table and chairs for tea and conversation.

Eco friendy, "green" tea set. Obivously;)

Fly fly

The most adorable lounge chair for babies.

Sunlit room of fun!

Furry friends. And she loves every one of them!

Her library. Most of it.

A girl and her room.

Something old (100 year old rocker that used to belong to great, great grandma Avery) with many things new.

And she has some things to wear (did I say we weren't indulging her?)

Reading and drinking tea. Her mother's daughter.

A secret toy chest!

Happy girl

2 comments:

  1. I love her room. Is the lounge chair from IKEA.. if so I saw those last night and sat in the adult size version. It is a very comfortable chair and I want one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! Mo's stuff won't stay put away for more than 3 minutes if he is awake. I'm so jealous of how everything is in its place!

    ReplyDelete