Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Weekend and a Manuscript

We had a fantastic weekend. We got to spend some much needed time with my uncle John and aunt Shanti. We had a wonderful visit at our new apartment and it was so heartwarming to Seeley playing, reading books and showing off her toys to her family:) She always has so much fun with them and we promise, we will take you up on babysitting so Wes and I can have a date!

I also started an important project this weekend that is already stressing me out but is definitely worth it. I'm putting a manuscript of my poems together! I have a specific cooperative poetry press that I'm sending it to, but I don't want to say too much about the publisher just yet. I need to have 65-80 poems by May 31. I've found that when doing creative work (when I only have a couple of hours a day to myself) it's best to have deadlines and structure to help push me foward. And even if this particular press doesn't choose my manuscript, it will be nice to have a collection of poems that have a cohesive theme and structure. So wish me luck and happy spring!

Writing time!

Hugs for Shanti on her birthday!

Reading time with Uncle John.

Buddies.

We've got the whole world in our hands!

SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment