Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Weekend in Boise and Mama Solo Time!

This weekend I spent my first weekend alone since Seeley was born! That's almost three years ago! I've spent a day away from her, but I've put her to bed every night of her life. We were ready to have a little space, and Seeley's such an adaptable girl I honestly wasn't nervous about it. Some people may have done this earlier but I knew we waited until the right time for us. So we all gave eachother hugs and kisses and off they went!
I didn't quite know what to do with myself. I just kind of walked around our quite house for an hour. Eventually I settled in and did my favorite thing on earth: reading. I read poetry and fashion magazines. I started a novel. I read in bed late into the night and with a cup of coffee the next morning. It was glorious. I went for a couple nice walks. I stretched out in bed and lingered there all morning. A girl could get used to this. The best part is that I wasn't worried or nervous about Seeley. I knew she'd be fine because she was with her papa and her family. And I was right. The girl had a ball. Wes' family showed her so much love! I think everyone had a fantastic weekend and that we've grown even more as a family.















No comments:

Post a Comment