Thursday, June 14, 2012

Northwest Adventures! (Part 3)

 The last stop on our weekend trip was in Seattle to see Wes' brother Eric and his girlfriend Jill. We love seeing them and we love Seattle and our Seattle friends, yet we don't get up there nearly enough! Lucky for us it was warm and sunny and not raining during our stop, so we got to enjoy the town a little bit. Eric and Jill took us to a great little restaurant down by Lake Washington and if Seeley hadn't turned into a crankosaur we would have loved to walk around town! On the subject of the little one, I was joking with Wes about how completely different traveling is with a baby. I've compiled a little list of differences:
1) The Stuff- holy moly. How can something so small require so much stuff? We don't even have all the "required" baby gear yet I feel like everytime we go somewhere we need a U-haul. We need the stroller, the chest carrier, diapers, wipes, emergency change of clothes for the car, one hundered million toys, frozen teether things, burp cloths, blankets, coats, hats. Am I forgetting something? I'm always forgetting something. Gone are the days of throwing some clothes in a bag before you leave. Now we have checklists and little loads of tiny baby laundry. So.much.stuff.
2) To Stop or Not To Stop?-Technically I suppose it's wrong and dangerous and irresponsible to take the baby out of the carseat while we're still driving, but we do it during long trips. I kind of feel like this is secretely common (or are we just irresponsible jerks?) I mean, the baby needs to be nursed every hour and a half (ish). We're supposed to pull over every hour and a half? Then there are diaper changes. Changing a diaper in a moving car is epically awful and will most likely result in a pee-covered parent and a confused baby, but sometimes you just want to stay on the road!
3)One Parent in Back or Both in Front?- Until recently I sat in the back seat with Seeley during road trips. I would nurse her and end up just staying back there. But during this last trip I realized that this might be creating a problem. Seeing me back there in her turf, Seeley wanted out of the carseat more than usual. I think she was thinking, "what are you doing back here and why aren't you holding me?!" So this time I hopped back in front after nursing her and guess what? She cried for a bit then fell back asleep! Whoo hoo!
Anyway, here are the last of our weekend pics. Enjoy and have a great, sunny weekend!
Lake Washington on a sunny day. We'll take one of those boats!

Lovely Seattle.


Seeley's uncle Eric and Aunt Jill!

Hello family checking out Seeley in the background! You are now on my blog.


Seeley fah-reaking out over her awesome new puppet (thanks Eric and Jill!)

p.s. babies love puppets. It's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment