Monday, June 16, 2014

To My Husband on Fathers Day

Happy (belated) Fathers Day! We had a great weekend relaxing, laughing, watching basketball and spending time together. I hope Wes felt loved and appreciated on his special day. Wes really is an amazing father. I always knew he would be even in the beginning of our relationship.
A huge thing that makes Wes a great father is that he's a great husband. I don't want to judge anyone else's relationship or parenting arrangement, but I've too often seen husbands that leave the majority of parenting to their wives. Parenting is hard, and everyone needs a break. It hurts my heart to see a tired women wrangling her kids from sun up to sun down while the man essentially does is own thing. And the kids! They feel that alienation from their father. Luckily Wes knows me and knows that I expect nothing less than an egalitarian marriage and parenting arrangement. I may be a stay-at-home mom, but we both realize the importance of parenting together.
The best time of day is when Wes gets home from work. Wes and Seeley are off and playing. He loves that girl so much and she's crazy about him. They wrestle, read, have tea parties, the works. I am the luckiest women in the world to have this man in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment