Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Apartment Love

We were supposed to go to Seattle this weekend, but Seeley was running a fever so she and I stayed behind. It turned out fine though since we always have fun running and playing around the house. Wes and I have lived in a lot of apartments in Montana, Washington and now Oregon. Some, like our Seattle apartments, were nice, spacious and fancy. Some, like the apartment I had when we first started dating in Missoula and the one we had years later when we moved back, were shoeboxes. But we've always made our apartment our home, given it that special touch, especially with this apartment. Seeley had another home before this, but this is the first home where she'll actually have memories of living here. We plan to stay here until we buy a house and we want to make this place as special as we can for her and for us.

I think I take after my mom in my love for making apartments cozy, stylish and welcoming. We moved a lot during my childhood, but my mom made sure our homes always felt like our own. There was lots of color, everything was always organized and our room (and the rest of the house) was a hang out for all our friends. I want Seeley to feel about our house the way I felt about mine: that it's a safe haven, a place of fun and love, something to be proud of.

Her first big girl bed set with her first pillow!

I think she liked it ;)

Seeley and friends.

My new reading light for bedside reading and writing.

We finally got bookcases for my ever-expanding book collection!

Our corner library.

Lavender. My absolute favorite smell.

Mi casa es su casa.

No comments:

Post a Comment