Thursday, August 29, 2013

Around These Parts...

Fall is in the air! It's getting a little bit colder and darker at night and it's beginning to rain more often (trust me, this is the only time I will be excited about Portland's 500 months of rain.) There's something special about a summertime rainstorm. You can go outside in a t-shirt in the pouring rain and be warm. Everything smells good, it's not too muddy. Like an eight year old, I love to jump in puddles and shake the raindrops off of tree branches. Seeley also likes rain. She'll stand in the spot on our deck that always collects water and get soaking wet. Today I decided that we needed some playtime outside despite the rain. Well, let's be honest; I was fine staying in on a rainy day but Seeley would not stop trying to open the door, shoes in hand. Within about 30 seconds of being outside she was covered in mud. I'll just say it's best to be okay with clothes getting destroyed it you're playing in the rain ;)

We also were able to get a kid friendly nature hike in last weekend at Tryon Creek state park. One of the tough things about not living in our hometown is that we don't have immediate access to nature like Wes and I did growing up. But Portland has great trails and nature areas, so it was nice to get out and explore!

Welcome to the woods! We didn't even have to leave Portland!

Ready to go

Lush and green everywhere!

Love

Someone's happy to get outside!

Our woodland explorer

 
Tour guide Seeley

Snail!

Her new thing is to "help" whether you like it or not :)

mmmmm

Rainy day girl with her friends.
 
Time for laundry and a bath after this!
 
Big girl!

I'm working on my relationship with rain...

Beep beep!

Happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment