Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mama's Night Out!

Homemade Christmas treats and cards! Check out the gingerbread t-rex I made for Wes!
Last night I went to my friend Valerie's Christmas card and cookie-making party. As I was getting ready I realized this would be my first time away from Seeley, aside from trips to the store, since she's been born! During the time I was pregnant with her I would always say that I'm going to need time for myself and I'll probably want to get out of the house quite often when she's here. While it's important to make time for yourself, the exact opposite has happened to me. I am in my little Wes and Seeley cocoon and I don't have plans to emerge any time soon. I don't want to be away from Seeley and we've actually been able to do quite a bit of stuff with her.

In the long term, it's better for everyone if I get out and do my own thing once and a while. I was afraid I'd be anxoius and distracted the entire time I was at the party but I actually had a lot of fun. I was able to relax knowing that she's fine without me! Now we're one step closer to letting other people watch little girl : )

No comments:

Post a Comment