Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Love My Friends (Even Though We Haven't Talked In A While)

I'm always laughing with Ari; usually about something that doesn't make sense.

Ari: my goofy friend.

Lindsay: my adventure friend.

Wynne and Colleen: my forever friends.

I am lucky to have an amazing group of friends that I've been close with since high school (some since middle school!) They are all amazing, intelligent, independent women who are doing amazing things. I do not exaggerate when I say amazing. I am constantly impressed by my friends' abilities to travel without fear, build their own careers from the ground up and pursue their creative interests.

I love my friends and they love me, but we don't talk very often. I don't think this is too big of an issue since when we do talk we always pick up where we left off. But I miss my friends! Perhaps I'll start to make more of an effort. I'll pick up the phone, schedule visits, that sort of thing. People who know me know that I'm not the type who needs to be around people all the time; but when you have such strong connections with your friends it's important to reach out to maintain that bond.

So, anyone want to join me in calling an old friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment