Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How To Be A Father

Wes is an amazing father and an amazing husband. Going through major life milestones with him has been amazing, mainly because we've always done things our way. I didn't know there were so many ways to parent and at times it seems a little silly that everything we do seems to fall into a certain school of thought. One of the most important decisions we made when Seeley was born was to co-parent. Our definition of co-parenting simply means equal involvement, equal dedication and equal responsibility. There is no "head of household" in our house. Wes has learned what her different cries mean and how to put her to bed and he changes diapers like a pro! Our decision to have me stay at home while Wes works may seem old fashioned, but Wes will never be one of those men who provide financially for his kids but barely knows them.
We have a relationship as a family unit, but Wes and Seeley have a relationship that is theirs alone. He does things differently than I do and sometimes I have to bite my tongue. But I know everything we're doing is creating a loving foundation for baby girl. She will always know that both of her parents are crazy about her.
My loves.

Happy family.

Seeley, hamming it up as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment