Sunday, November 13, 2011

One Month Old! What I've Learned...

Growing Girl
Seeley is one month old today! Time sure does fly and I have learned sooo much! Here are some highlights:

1) Being a new parent is scary and difficult, especially in the first few weeks. It's not so much what the baby does or needs that's hard, it's the anticipation of what she will need or do that keeps you on edge. Getting to know Seeley's signals has made a world of difference. It's nice to know that anxious feeling goes away!

2) Every little thing is amazing. Watching her look at the light. Her learning how to smile. Even going to the bathroom (which still gets a round of applause every time she does it!)

3) Multitasking is possible. I amaze myself with all the things I've been able to do while holding a baby!

4) Making time for yourself is important. Wes and I are getting really good at giving eachother a baby-free half hour to eat, read, get on the computer, whatever. Single moms, I don't know how you do it. Seriously, how do you do it!

5) Joy is kissing Seeley's forhead when she sleeps on my chest, playing with her feet and laughing at her goofy noises.

These past four weeks have been the biggest learning curve of my life. I've had moments of frustration and moments of overwhelming happiness. I miss my old life but can't wait to spend another day with my little family. I imagine nothing  compares to your first moments with your first child. I hope I always  remember the ups and downs of our first month together:)

No comments:

Post a Comment